· Kodak will be exhibiting the KODAK SONORA UV Process Free Plate at Gulf Print & Pack in stand H10 . The latest addition to the company’s process-free technology portfolio, is now available in many regions of the world. SONORA UV Plates and Kodak’s robust line-up of pre-press and digital print offerings on at the show will demonstrate how Kodak technology opens up a range of new applications to help customers expand into new markets while improving operational performance.
· SONORA UV Plates expand the capability of Kodak’s process free plate portfolio to an even wider group of print service providers. They are capable of delivering longer run lengths for UV print applications than any other process free plate - up to 30,000 impressions. This allows printers to take advantage of both the environmental and economic benefits of process free plates and the expanded set of opportunities associated with UV technology, including flexibility, high print quality, and faster drying times.
· SONORA UV is based on technology used in the popular SONORA XJ Process Free Plate that has been commercially available in Japan since 2016. In the pressroom, SONORA Plates, like the flagship XP version work with your existing press setups and sequences. They are capable of running on sheetfed, heatset web, and commercial coldset presses and can run applications such as commercial print, newspapers, offset packaging, and UV. For packaging printers, the SONORA UV Plates is a very exciting development, as it now meets the rigorous demands of UV print applications increasingly used by today's packaging and commercial printers, but it will also enable printers to take advantage of both the environmental and economic benefits of process free plates.
· Visitors to Kodak’s stand will see a live demonstration of the KODAK TRENDSETTER Q800 Platesetter exposing SONORA UV Plates.
· The TRENDSETTER Q800 Platesetter is known worldwide for its industry-leading reliability, productivity, and accurate, repeatable imaging with KODAK SQUARESPOT Imaging Technology. The TRENDSETTER Platesetter also helps printers reach their sustainability goals with a new cooling system that delivers power savings of up to 30% compared to its initial design, down to as little as 770 watts while imaging. Visitors to the stand will be able to see how the new KODAK Mobile CTP Control App allows operators to easily monitor their operations remotely, unleashing flexibility to respond to today's ever-changing business demands.
· The TRENDSETTER Q800 Platesetter also offers a 4,800 / 5,080 dpi resolution option, which can be used to image small features with details like background patterns or wavy lines of variable width, and for micro-printing indiscernible to the naked eye. Available later this year, a new W-speed option makes the TRENDSETTER Platesetter the world’s fastest process-free CTP, with throughputs up to 68 plates per hour (eight-up) and 75 plates per hour (four-up) imaging KODAK SONORA XP Plates, and a new Multi Cassette Unit (MCU) option will enable greater automation using less space and up to 80% less power than comparable MCU’s available today. .
· Packaging converters can see how Kodak is driving the future of flexo printing by viewing a portfolio of packaging samples printed with Kodak’s Flexcel NX System. The new FLEXCEL NX System '16 builds on Kodak's award-winning NX Advantage technology to uniquely serve the wide-ranging demands of flexo print applications, including wide web flexibles, narrow web labels, and paperboard printing, with a single plate type.
· Visitors to the show will learn how new digital and packaging capabilities in the KODAK PRINERGY Platform increase flexibility, and control costs, while driving growth. Kodak’s flagship product now offers a single workflow for both offset and digital printing to maximize efficiency and productivity with reduced turnaround times. And, Prinergy Workflow Version 8 has been optimized for Kodak’s packaging customers, enabling them to take advantage of one of the industry’s fastest growing markets.
· KODAK’s new PRINERGY Cloud Platform will also be exhibited showcasing the new, industry-first solutions that minimize cost and risk while driving business growth. Visitors will see first-hand how these new services harness production data into actionable analysis and reporting, driving informed decision making in real-time. PRINERGY Cloud services seamlessly integrate with existing on-premise Kodak workflow software, lowering operating costs by reducing hardware and administrative overhead.